[blfs-dev] [..] r15309 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome xfce/core

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sat Jan 24 15:50:21 PST 2015

On 01/24/2015 08:32 PM, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> On 24-01-2015 16:17, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>
> To almost everybody, except one:
>
> I did search my machines, before writing my post.
>
> So I could argument against probably everything written, but I repeat: I
> don't like arguments.
>
> Today, I tried to reply to unfinished business, before restarting, that
> is the reason I wrote so much.
>
> I intend to follow Igor philosophy radically, from now on.

There is one last thing I need to do (for myself), so apologize to
everyone who said that this thread should die.

I don't like anyone trying to make a fool out of me, trying to be
smarter than everyone else even when odds are not in his favor. Call me
crazy, but this is something I had to do as this has been going out of
control for a way too long time now.

For that matter, I have downloaded 6 mainstream Linux Distributions with
Xfce4, and guess what - only one has the category change applied in a
way, which I could possibly explain. Don't believe me? See for yourself:

Debian 7.8.0 -
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~krejzi/thepoint/Debian780.png

Fedora 21 - http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~krejzi/thepoint/Fedora21.png

Linux Mint 17.1 -
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~krejzi/thepoint/LinuxMint171.png *

Manjaro 0.8.11 (only distro I could find that's Archlinux based and has
a live cd) -
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~krejzi/thepoint/Manjaro0811.png

openSUSE 13.2 -
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~krejzi/thepoint/openSUSE132.png

And finally, the black sheep of the community:

Xubuntu 14.10 -
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~krejzi/thepoint/Xubuntu1410.png

But, even Ubuntu had the same Thunar desktop file as upstream. Given
that the menu is not the standard Xfce4 one, I suppose they use some
kind of their own standard for the menu spec. Not to mention that Ubuntu
has been known to diverge from others in every way possible (read online
about that), so one could consider it a KBLFS of the Linux Distributions.

* This one surprised me, as it's based on Ubuntu.

Now, you still think you have a valid argument? Are you still trying to
be smarter than everyone else and think yours is the best and must be
final, while claiming to work as a member of a team? Would you care to
listen to someone and stay on topic for one fucking time without raising
hell on the mailing lists and playing child-like strategies when you get
butthurt or when the conversation is not going in your favor? You've
taken this to way too personal level that you don't seem to care about
being technically correct but instead trying to do everything you can so
in the end it's me who isn't right, even after being proved otherwise.

Consider me as your enemy from now on, and don't dare to call up on me
again as you did today in the Lua ticket. If you feel you need to do so,
try going to the place you sent me few times. I won't be a part of the
community you are (look, I'm even doing you a favor). I'd rather
maintain both LFS and BLFS entirely by myself than work with you for one
second.

My apologizes to everyone else for using such a harsh language, but
really I have reached my limits while trying to do good, but ended up,
in his eyes, doing bad things.

LFS systemd and KBLFS are still my to maintain, so I am not gone
entirely, I simply believe it's finally time I give up on BLFS and let
him have his way until the book becomes like the one written by a little
child, as the improvements certainly don't matter.

In case he really managed to ignore my mail, I ask someone to forward
him this last one, as it's indeed final from my side. May there finally
be peace once again.

(as a side note, I'll help anyone else if you need me to and am able to
do so)

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.