[blfs-dev] feh-2.12 Test::Command

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sat Jan 24 07:36:43 PST 2015

On 24-01-2015 12:10, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 09:10:32AM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>> Ken,
>>
>> Test suite needs this module. I installed Test-Command-0.11 using the
>> "Standard Installation of Perl Modules".
>>
>> http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/D/DA/DANBOO/Test-Command-0.11.tar.gz
>>
>> Please, with respect and if you don't mind, while you are in this task,
>> would you add it to book?
>>
>> The test suite fails without it. The other dependency error is taken as
>> warning in linux.
>>
>> If you agree, please open the ticket or tell me to open it, if you
>> prefer so.
>>

>  For the perl tickets I added, I will not be doing them until I get
> to the end of my build (and it is some days away from starting).
>
>  I've never built feh, and I dropped imlib2 a long while ago.  I
> read the test suite paragraph as saying that both packages are
> needed to run the testsuite, and mdocml put me off.

Following a suggestion from Armin to use an actual warning, I also
modified that: mdocml is _optional_ for the test suite. I included it
there, because the test searches it, but it is for BSD, so the error is
treated as warning in Linux. We have now in feh's page (after I change
the pale of the warning, but the contents will remain):

{{{
 Optional (test suite)

<warning>
Following this warning, we refer to mdocml. This package should not be
installed, because it will overwrite many files and programs of Man-DB,
installed in LFS. If you really wish to install it, be sure to know
exactly how to modify file and binary names that it installs.
</warning>

mdocml (test error treated as warning, in Linux), and Test::Command
(required)
}}}

But as I wrote in another post, I would not mind simply removing it from
the dependencies. Or include the word "optional":

mdocml (only optional: test error treated as warning, in Linux), and
Test::Command (required)

I will do that, when I fix the position.

The only required dependency is Test::Command.

I installed mdocml with changed name, but still the test didn't find it,
and the I gave up.

>  More generally, I was going to say that optional packages do not
> merit entries in the book - in biber I arguably broke that rule by
> recommending packages needed to run the testsuite.
>
>  Will take a look at this next week.
>
> ĸen

Thanks, ĸen.

--