[blfs-dev] feh-2.12 Test::Command

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 24 07:10:24 PST 2015

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 09:10:32AM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Ken,
>
> Test suite needs this module. I installed Test-Command-0.11 using the
> "Standard Installation of Perl Modules".
>
> http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/D/DA/DANBOO/Test-Command-0.11.tar.gz
>
> Please, with respect and if you don't mind, while you are in this task,
> would you add it to book?
>
> The test suite fails without it. The other dependency error is taken as
> warning in linux.
>
> If you agree, please open the ticket or tell me to open it, if you
> prefer so.

 For the perl tickets I added, I will not be doing them until I get
to the end of my build (and it is some days away from starting).

 I've never built feh, and I dropped imlib2 a long while ago.  I
read the test suite paragraph as saying that both packages are
needed to run the testsuite, and mdocml put me off.

 More generally, I was going to say that optional packages do not
merit entries in the book - in biber I arguably broke that rule by
recommending packages needed to run the testsuite.

 Will take a look at this next week.

ĸen