[blfs-dev] Perl Modules and wget-list

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 24 06:59:32 PST 2015

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 02:23:12PM +0100, Armin K. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've noticed a lot of Perl Modules tickets last night and wondered why
> they weren't picked up by the currency scripts. After some
> investigation, the format used for specifying the URL and md5sum isn't
> the standard one used by other packages and none of the perl modules end
> up in the wget-list.
>
> It can easily be fixed, although. The attached patch modifies the
> Archive-Zip section to use a layout like other packages do. An example
> on what's visibly different can be seen in the screenshot. It could be
> changed to use the more standard (Download (HTTP), MD5Sum, etc)
> approach, but I don't think it's necessary here.
>
> Now, if nobody minds, I can fix all the packages and submit a patch. I
> would also like to move download url's and md5sums into entities at the
> beginning of the page.
>
> Pro is we get version checks from currency scripts and all the modules
> in the wget-list. I can't yet see any cons. So if anybody has any
> suggestion or reason why we shouldn't do this - please speak up.

 The problem with perl is that if the maintainer of a module
changes, the link points to the old versions and the new version is
not found.  When I checked versions in August, two modules had
different maintainers.

 So a few updates will still slip through the net.  But if this
change means most of them are automatatically noticed, it will
definitely help.

 For the new tickets, no rush - I'm preparing for a new build, got a
few more things to sort out before I start the build (and I've also
got a lot more perl changes than this, some of which look as if they
might pull in new dependencies,

ĸen