[blfs-dev] Perl Modules and wget-list

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sat Jan 24 06:28:57 PST 2015

On 01/24/2015 02:23 PM, Armin K. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've noticed a lot of Perl Modules tickets last night and wondered why
> they weren't picked up by the currency scripts. After some
> investigation, the format used for specifying the URL and md5sum isn't
> the standard one used by other packages and none of the perl modules end
> up in the wget-list.
>
> It can easily be fixed, although. The attached patch modifies the
> Archive-Zip section to use a layout like other packages do. An example
> on what's visibly different can be seen in the screenshot. It could be
> changed to use the more standard (Download (HTTP), MD5Sum, etc)
> approach, but I don't think it's necessary here.
>
> Now, if nobody minds, I can fix all the packages and submit a patch. I

I have done that and packages now appear in wget-list and currency
script seems to pick it up. The script would need some modifications
though, so that's the first con I didn't count at earlier. The another
ine is that anduin script will pick them up in missing files so there is
more work for Bruce, given that there are a bit more modules around than
I remember.

> would also like to move download url's and md5sums into entities at the
> beginning of the page.

Given the number of modules (I don't recall being that many), I don't
have the time to do it right now - maybe sometimes in the future if I
don't forget it.

> Pro is we get version checks from currency scripts and all the modules
> in the wget-list. I can't yet see any cons. So if anybody has any
> suggestion or reason why we shouldn't do this - please speak up.

The final change can be found here (github URL used for proper syntax
highlighting so it can easily be seen what has been changed):

https://github.com/elkrejzi/BLFS/commit/70367d1b9d82afdb12025627f3f5350fffa07dd1

I also took the liberty to fix up some empty spaces and changed a
sentence for SGMLSpm.

Attached is the raw patch that can be applied to trunk as-is. As always,
I ask for applying the patch as-is and changing whatever's needed
afterwards so I can see what I could possibly change.

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.