[blfs-dev] Perl Modules and wget-list

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sat Jan 24 05:23:12 PST 2015

Hi all,

I've noticed a lot of Perl Modules tickets last night and wondered why
they weren't picked up by the currency scripts. After some
investigation, the format used for specifying the URL and md5sum isn't
the standard one used by other packages and none of the perl modules end
up in the wget-list.

It can easily be fixed, although. The attached patch modifies the
Archive-Zip section to use a layout like other packages do. An example
on what's visibly different can be seen in the screenshot. It could be
changed to use the more standard (Download (HTTP), MD5Sum, etc)
approach, but I don't think it's necessary here.

Now, if nobody minds, I can fix all the packages and submit a patch. I
would also like to move download url's and md5sums into entities at the
beginning of the page.

Pro is we get version checks from currency scripts and all the modules
in the wget-list. I can't yet see any cons. So if anybody has any
suggestion or reason why we shouldn't do this - please speak up.

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.