[blfs-dev] Success with xindy on i386

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 21 13:59:17 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 10:43:55PM +0100, Pierre Labastie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have eventually found the time to build and test texlive on a 32 bit VM.
> Well, both tests for xindy pas: the index page is built and displayed (using
> either epdfview or mupdf).
> LFS SVN-20141225
> Current BLFS
>
> I know it is not very helpful, but what else could I say?
> Oh yes, I know what to say. Ken did a magnificent job!

 <embarrassed>Thanks for testing it, and for the fixes along the
way.  I would have done a better job if it did not fail for _me_ ;-)

 Must be something odd in my build (it also fails for me in a 32-bit
VM).

> I have only very old i386 machines (pentium 4 from 2003 with 512 Mb, and
> pentium M from 2005 and 1 Gb memory), so I do not want to try to build a
> modern LFS on them. I mean I can test on bare metal only for 64 bit.
>
> Pierre

 Thanks for your efforts.  If Bruce is still heading towards xindy,
I suggest leaving the Note until he has tried it.

ĸen