[blfs-dev] About TeXLive

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 18 15:49:12 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 09:04:54PM +0100, Pierre Labastie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have already changed the texlive page at a few places where it seemed to me
> that there would be no discussion, but now I am coming to something more arguable.
> Right now, the instructions fail during "make" with:
> --------------
> === configuring in dvisvgm failed ===
> Makefile:878: recipe for target 'recurse' failed
> make[2]: *** [recurse] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> '/sources/texlive/texlive-20140525-sources/texlive-build/texk'
> --------------
> Several possibilities:
> - do not pass --with-system-libgs
> - put ghoscript in recommended deps
> - pass --disable-dvisvgm
>
> I do not know what the original intention of Ken was, that's why I am asking.

 In the archived "second pass" (archive/texlive-full.xml I think I
called it) I noticed there was an explanation for why gs was, I
think, recommended there : dvisvgm is needed for asymptote.  So, it
should be recommended.

 I had not realised that the two passes of texlive were so
different, but it was always a mess and nobody has so far complained
about the 7.6 release ;-)

 In general, the aim is to build *everything* in texlive (that is why
I first touched texlive, after a report that some parts were not being
built and therefore remained as the binary versions).

ĸen