[blfs-dev] About TeXLive

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Sun Jan 18 12:04:54 PST 2015

Hi,

I have already changed the texlive page at a few places where it seemed to me
that there would be no discussion, but now I am coming to something more arguable.
Right now, the instructions fail during "make" with:
--------------
=== configuring in dvisvgm failed ===
Makefile:878: recipe for target 'recurse' failed
make[2]: *** [recurse] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/sources/texlive/texlive-20140525-sources/texlive-build/texk'
--------------
Several possibilities:
- do not pass --with-system-libgs
- put ghoscript in recommended deps
- pass --disable-dvisvgm

I do not know what the original intention of Ken was, that's why I am asking.

Something else:
- we do not pass --with-system-libpaper, although libpaper is in the
recommended deps. I guess I can change that one...

Regards
Pierre