[blfs-dev] testfiles for TeX

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Jan 10 14:58:58 PST 2015

 Some people may remember that last year I created a few testfiles
so that I could check if texlive builds appeared to be working.  I
have now revamped and extended them.  I have taken the opportunity
to create an ABOUT.pdf and corresponding tex source - unfortunately,
that increases the size of the tarball somewhat.  I have also
separately uploaded ABOUT.pdf so that people can decide if the
package is useful to them.

 It should run on any recent binary or from-source version of
texlive, to the extent that the things I test are present.  Although
nothing will be installed, there is a configure script to allow you
to omit certain tests where you know the program is broken, and to
override the selection of OTF/TTF fonts for the tests which use
lualatex or xelatex.

 These are at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ken/tex-testfiles/ -
ABOUT.pdf and tex-test-20150110.tar.xz

 The various components are subject to different licenses, see the
LICENSES file.

ĸen