[blfs-dev] /etc/bashrc shopt -sq checkwinsize

js nullity.research at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 02:41:38 PDT 2015

seeing as i just realized there was a way to correct the problem of
bash destroying my readline input when it wraps in an interactive
shell on a resized terminal window, i was wondering if the fix could
be pulled into the book.

at the end of /etc/bashrc, just add the lines:

# Make sure bash checks terminal window size to prevent readline wrap
# problems when entering commands on an interactive shell
shopt -sq checkwinsize

perhaps we could even upstream the fix to lfs.

~js