[blfs-dev] Firefox-40.0 crashing

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Wed Aug 12 19:21:09 PDT 2015

Em 12-08-2015 22:14, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 01:41:13AM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
>>>
>>> That doesn't invalidate Fernando's problem, but for me all is well
>>> at the moment.
>>>

>> I then checked my mail again, and saw that Amazon had defaulted to a
>> card which probably wore out (physically - the chip tended not to
>> register - the dates were valid, but I've got a different card now).
>> Fired up firefox, went back in and changed the orders, then looked
>> through my recorded cards and deleted everything except the current
>> card.  Was just about to log out (so, between 2 and 5 minutes) when
>> firefox crashed.  So, yes, there is a problem, but it is erratic and
>> unpredictable.
>>
>> This reminds me of the early days of ff-38.  In that case, it would
>> often hang if I opened a new tab too quickly after starting it
>> (never managed to key a URL in those cases).  That was apparently
>> fixed in ff-39, but I saw the same problem once in 39.0.3.
>>
>> "I demand my money back"
>> "What, you mean the amount you paid for firefox ?"
>> "Yes!"
>> "OK, here's your £0.00"
>
> Can I have that in $?

Please, for me it's in R$.

Thank you Doug, Bruce and Ken (hope didn't forget anybody).

Ken, you helped me a lot, much more than I think you thought.

Stopped using the mouse for scroll and FF didn't crash anymore, so I
could work, finally.

Also spent some time in private mode, and, IIRC, it didn't crash.

In the meantime I disabled some extensions, changed many configurations.
It still crashed, although a little less, and repeating, not when not
using the mouse for moving the page up/down.

I've seen that they changed tw things that affected me very much (I think):

◦ Add-on extensions that are not signed by Mozilla will display a
    warning
◦ Improved scrolling, graphics, and video playback performance with
    off main thread compositing (GNU/Linux only)

Tomorrow, will spend some time again in private mode.

Thanks you all again.

Good night.

--
[]s,