[blfs-dev] Move SoundTouch to "46. Audio Utilities"?

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Wed Aug 12 03:56:07 PDT 2015

Em 11-08-2015 17:07, Fernando de Oliveira escreveu:
> Em 11-08-2015 07:33, Fernando de Oliveira escreveu:

>>> Just a quick reminder that this has not yet been fixed.
>>> There is currently no public big tracker, so I could add the bug myself,
>>> right?
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Tim
>>>

>> Sorry, Tim, forgot that. Will do in my next commit.
>>
>> There is a bug tracker:
>>
>> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/report
>>
>> You are welcome to register an account.
>>
>> However, normally we don't add small typos there. But if we forget
>> something, it's better to add there.
>>
>> Please, not in present case. I'll fix it, as I wrote above.
>>
>> Sorry, again.
>
> Thanks, Tim.
>
> Fixed at r16341.

For old subject:

Tim, have you tried to register to Track? Any problem, please tell me
privately, and we will try to solve it. Asking, because ISTR a post
about about some restrictions.

New subject:

The reason for the move:

The utility "soundstretch" is what I use to test new versions of
SoundTouch. I process a .wav file, converted from .flac just for this,
as the test for a new update in the book:

{{{
soundstretch \
  ~/sshfs/blfs/01_-_Die_Kunst_der_Fuge_BWV_1080_-_Contrapunctus_1.wav \
  /tmp/destinationfile.wav -tempo=-25.3 -pitch=3.5
}}}

and find it very useful.

During a meeting, some two years ago, I needed to watch an annoying .ppt
presentation with audio sounding like a cartoon. Soundstretch would have
saved the trouble.

Thus, I think that soundstretch is at least as useful as libSoundTouch.

--
[]s,
Fernando