[blfs-dev] [lfs-dev] Potential new format for LFS Books

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 9 12:33:15 PDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 09, 2015 at 08:04:25PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 09, 2015 at 01:00:25PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > Ken Moffat wrote:
> > >

> Ny backups have now finished, I'll shut this machine down and go
> back to the other one.  I'm fairly sure that one uses different
> fonts.

In fact, it uses DejaVu at 16pt.  And arguably the /. text is
slightly small, but I think the broweser here is slightly bigger
than on the other machine.  Anyway, I _do_ change font sizes from
time to time.  And fonts of hte same nominal size can differ in
perceived size.  To quote wilipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_%28typography%29

| ... the point size does not necessarily correspond to any
| measurement of the size of the letters on the printed page.

I've now uploaded bison-deja16.png and toc-deja16.png to
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ken/screenshots/

And I still think that most of the space after the navigation column
ought to be available for text (think of hte perl modules page in
BLFS, and also of the download links for resiserfsprogs,
particularly the http variant (two characters longer than the ftp) -
on my current window that link fits comfortably into one line.

ĸen
--
This one goes up to eleven: but only on a clear day, with the wind in
the right direction.