[blfs-dev] sddm

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 3 12:14:45 PDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 10:45:51AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>
> >I would like to have a theme with an
> >image display BLFS. This could be added to the book, in sddm page and to
> >the other DMs (including Kde-workspace), if someone provides and the
> >devs approve.
>
> >Please, would you provide one for sddm?
>
> Here you go:
>
> http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/~bdubbs/files/lfs-splash.png
>
>   -- Bruce

A bit small (1024x768), but it can be resized.  But anybody who does
that needs to know the authorship / copyright and license if they
are ever going to make it available.

In sddm I looked at current git last month (in case there were any
fixes for my problems) and I noticed that the 'non-free' background
for the maldives theme had been replaced by a CC-licensed image.  So
yes, these things matter when things get shared.  My own theme has a
CC license because that is what the documentation for the theme I
started from claimed - to me, the code looked like MIT.

ĸen
--
This one goes up to eleven!