[blfs-dev] OpenSSH-6.2p1

Thomas de Roo thomas at de-roo.org
Fri May 24 05:20:59 PDT 2013

On Fri, 24 May 2013, Baho Utot wrote:

> On 05/23/2013 08:39 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Baho Utot wrote:
>>> On 05/23/2013 08:01 PM, Fernando wrote:
>>>
>>> [putolin]

>>> There are folks that use the various package mangement techniques that {
>>> would || are } impacted by this issue.
>>> so I believe a simple note { could || should } be added.
>> 1. If you follow the directions in the book, it works fine.
>> 2. If you do something different, your are on your own.  We can't
>> address every technique and if we start with one variation, I can't see
>> where we could logically stop.
>
> Ok so it seems posting here is not really condusive to getting fixes/help...
>
> I won't bother any more, I am using rpm package manager.... since I am
> on my own.

You missed the point: The book proposes one consistent recipe to get a
working LFS box. Feel free to deviate, but don't blame the book for not
listing solutions to problems caused by deviating. However, on the support
lists there are some really knoledgeble and helpful people willing to
think about those issues.

Regards,
Thomas