[blfs-dev] indexing

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 28 14:59:34 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 06:23:16PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:

>   I'll fix them if I can (the entry for
> TrueType fonts in xorg-config might be another matter).

 It is indeed.  I've corrected the remaining items in 'other', also
xorriso (was out of sequence) and bazaar (was labelled Git).  Still
got to do the items in l-, o- and sort out some oddities currently
in the libraries (some things out of order, others probably not
libraries, and one really ugly entry for flac).

 What I can't do is fix the TrueType index item in xorg-config.

 I've added an a- label for Configuring Xorg so that the whole page
can be found from longindex, but I can't work out how to change the
xml so that there is a #truetype in the html.  Without that, there
is nothing to index to, so whichever item is next will follow it on
the same line, in the left column, followed by the link to the second
item.  For the meantime, I've indexed it as g-zztruetype to put it at
the end of the section.

 Once I fix the l- and o- items, it will probably be half-obscured
by the page footer, at least in firefox! (tried z-truetype).  I
*think* it can probably be indexed if it is a section1, but even
then, the various font packages don't seem to be indexable, which is
a pity.  Moving it to a section1 would mean breaking that
xorg-config page into 3 or 5 parts, which seems unfortunate.  It
would be nice to be able to point to TrueType fonts, and to the
various packages mentioned there, but I can't see a way to do it
with our stylesheets.

ĸen