[blfs-dev] Transmission Qt

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Sat Jul 14 04:18:45 PDT 2012

On 07/14/2012 01:13 PM, Armin K. wrote:
> On 07/14/2012 12:57 PM, Andrew Benton wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I've just added the Bittorrent client Transmission to the book. In the
>> transmission source there is a Qt folder with a README that describes
>> how to compile and install a Qt GUI for Transmission:
>>
>> cd qt &&
>> qmake qtr.pro &&
>> make
>> and as root:
>> INSTALL_ROOT=/usr make -C qt install
>>
>> I've added those instructions to the page but I don't have Qt installed
>> so I can't test them. Could someone who has installed Qt please test
>> them? If they don't work we can just remove Qt from the page but I
>> think it's best to try to be as complete as possible.
>>
>> Andy
>>

> Apparently, it does not work
>
> g++  -o transmission-qt about.o add-data.o app.o dbus-adaptor.o
> details.o favicon.o file-tree.o filterbar.o filters.o formatter.o hig.o
> license.o mainwin.o make-dialog.o options.o prefs.o prefs-dialog.o
> relocate.o session.o session-dialog.o squeezelabel.o stats-dialog.o
> torrent.o torrent-delegate.o torrent-delegate-min.o torrent-filter.o
> torrent-model.o tracker-delegate.o tracker-model.o
> tracker-model-filter.o triconpushbutton.o utils.o watchdir.o moc_about.o
> moc_app.o moc_dbus-adaptor.o moc_details.o moc_favicon.o moc_file-tree.o
> moc_filterbar.o moc_formatter.o moc_hig.o moc_license.o moc_mainwin.o
> moc_make-dialog.o moc_options.o moc_prefs.o moc_prefs-dialog.o
> moc_relocate.o moc_session.o moc_session-dialog.o moc_squeezelabel.o
> moc_stats-dialog.o moc_torrent.o moc_torrent-delegate.o
> moc_torrent-delegate-min.o moc_torrent-filter.o moc_torrent-model.o
> moc_tracker-delegate.o moc_tracker-model.o moc_tracker-model-filter.o
> moc_triconpushbutton.o moc_utils.o moc_watchdir.o qrc_application.o
> -L/usr/lib ../libtransmission/libtransmission.a
> ../third-party/libutp/libutp.a ../third-party/dht/libdht.a
> ../third-party/miniupnp/libminiupnp.a
> ../third-party/libnatpmp/libnatpmp.a -L/lib -lz -lrt -lfontconfig -lcurl
> -lssl -lcrypto -levent -lpthread -lQtDBus -lQtGui -lQtNetwork -lQtCore
> g++: error: ../libtransmission/libtransmission.a: No such file or directory
> g++: error: ../third-party/libutp/libutp.a: No such file or directory
> g++: error: ../third-party/dht/libdht.a: No such file or directory
> g++: error: ../third-party/miniupnp/libminiupnp.a: No such file or directory
> g++: error: ../third-party/libnatpmp/libnatpmp.a: No such file or directory
> make: *** [transmission-qt] Error 1
>
> I guess you would have to configure transmission, compile specific
> libraries and then do the way you pointed out. Will take another look at it.

It works, but after you've ran configure and make ... I am unsure if
those assume that GTK+ is present. I have GTK+ so it detected it. Next
time I configured it with ./configure --prefix=/usr --without-gtk
--disable-cli --disable-daemon and ran qt instructions and it worked
very well. Build completed, app works.