[blfs-dev] Xorg Applications

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Tue Jul 10 22:54:18 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 03:34:59AM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 04:51:42PM -0700, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> >

> > Thank you very much, Armin.
> >
> > I think sudo would only ask for the PW once, given the time it takes for
> > each pass through the loop.
> >
> > I myself do these as root.
> >
>  I too run my scripts as root - but I'm thinking about 'su lfs' for
> the next version.  Whatever, I'm decidedly uneasy about requiring
> 'sudo' to run what is in the books - it's had so many vulnerabilities
> over the years.

This is what I do as well. I don't like 'sudo', and if I need to do
something as root, then I just use 'su'. I don't think we should force
people to have to have 'sudo' on their systems for this singular task.

Can anyone recall why we don't build as root in the first place? As far
as my memory serves me, it's to do with how the permissions are set
during compiling.