[blfs-dev] obexd

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 13:00:12 PDT 2012

Armin K. wrote:
> On 3.7.2012 18:06, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> "Introduction to Obexd
>>
>> The Obexd package contains D-Bus services providing OBEX client and
>> server functionality."
>>
>> Isn't this a circular definition?  I have no idea what OBEX
>> functionality is.

> OBject EXchange ... I can put it like this if you want.

It's easy enough to find it with google.  I do think we need to be a
little more clear in the book.

Even the term OBject EXchange is a little unclear.  What objects?
Exchange with who/what?

I did find "OBEX (abbreviation of OBject EXchange, also termed IrOBEX)
is a communications protocol that facilitates the exchange of binary
objects between devices. It is maintained by the Infrared Data
Association but has also been adopted by the Bluetooth Special Interest
Group and the SyncML wing of the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA)."

Which does explain it.  With that, I would not have installed it because
I don't need it.

   -- Bruce