Common root CA certificates

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 10 21:23:32 PDT 2009

DJ Lucas wrote:
> Unfortunately, we also need a populated certs file now for gnome keyring
> in 2.24.3.

...and now can be utilized by openssl, postfix, httpd, and a few others
that slip my mind ATM.

I've put up a local copy of the book with the proposed change (this does
not account for any changes to actually use the file).  Text is taken
mostly (paraphrased) from Dan's comments in this thread, with additional
explanation from Wikipedia.  Should probably add Bruce's comments about
https to provide a real example.  Any corrections, suggestions, etc. are
appreciated.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/BLFS/postlfs/rootcerts.html

-- DJ Lucas