ati drivers in x.org-7.2

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:28:32 PDT 2007

On 6/19/07, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:

> Also, there is an issue with DRI driver directory in the book: everyone else
> has /usr/lib/dri, and only BLFS uses /usr/lib/X11/modules/dri (and the path
> is different in Mesa-Lib and Xorg!). I don't know for sure whether this is
> relevant for the users of fglrx.

I think that /usr/lib/dri is wrong for fglrx (I'm pretty sure it
assumes the old monolith location which we use in BLFS), but I'd like
to switch to using /usr/lib/dri. The only user of the dri drivers is
Xorg in BLFS, but really they are generic drivers for direct access.
That's where xorg-server expects them to be, too. Not that important,
but that's what I'd like to see.

--
Dan