Organizing Xorg-7.2 external dependencies

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 19:21:42 PDT 2007

On 6/2/07, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
> > I can't reproduce the bug here.
> This is because your X server does not have the XINERAMA extension (the
> same is true for the LiveCD, BTW). The following comment by Josh
> Triplett appeared at
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6532373 yesterday:

Excellent! Thanks for checking that out. Hmm, I still can't trigger it
even when I try to force on XINERAMA in the ServerFlags section.

> > The following workarounds address this problem:
> >
> > For sun-java5-bin:
> > sed -i 's/XINERAMA/FAKEEXTN/g' /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.11/jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so
> >
> > For sun-java6-bin:
> > sed -i 's/XINERAMA/FAKEEXTN/g' /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.00/jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so
> >
> > The same fix (applied to the appropriate file) might work for other
> > proprietary JDKs.

DJ, how's the progress coming on jdk-6? I'm not familiar with the jdk
source at all, but I could probably track it down. Should we do
anything about the binary jdk? I think that information would be very
helpful in the book, but it kind of doesn't make sense for BLFS and
building from source.

--
Dan