wireless service script

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 17:11:15 PDT 2006

Simon Scheiwiller wrote:
> Hello
>
> I finally managed to install my crappy old 802.11b wireless card (which
> works now on linux far better than on windows with the official driver
> :-). With Joe Ciccone's script I could even bring it up at startup. But
> what I didn't like about the instructions on
> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/WirelessTools was how it
> obtains the IP-Address - with a file 02-[service]. I'd rather put these
> informations in the /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ssid/[ssid] file, so
> the configuration can be dependent on the wireless network.

When I wrote that script I didn't even think of doing it that way. I
need to go revisit that script and make some changes. I learned a bit
more about wireless devices since I wrote it. Now that you mentioned it,
I'm definitely going to make that change. Don't know when I'll get to
it, maybe later tonight.