Configuring SDL-1.2.11

DJ Lucas blfs-dev at lfs.lucasit.com
Tue Jul 11 15:18:42 PDT 2006

Simon Scheiwiller wrote:

>> I install xorg-6.9.0 into /usr SDL-1.2.11 was fine with that. I've not
>> installed NAS though. I'll look into it.
>
> Well, at least at that point I'm sure I didn't make a mess :-)

The NAS check hard-codes the prefix values for /usr/X11 and /usr/X11R6
in configure.in.  That is silly, but the sed mentioned by Simon does
work around the problem as done so many other places in the book.  As
far as fixing properly, it'll be a pain without using something like
'which nasd | sed 's@/bin/....@@' to determine the searchpath (I know
there is a better sed, but the command escapes me ATM).  Lets hope NAS
ditches xmkmf, goes to autotools, and adopts pkgconfig in the future. :-)

-- DJ Lucas