JDK-1.5.0-07 nitpick

Simon Scheiwiller simon at hornweb.ch
Sun Jul 9 02:17:05 PDT 2006

Thus spoke DJ Lucas:
> I'm not sure I follow.  The expected prefix is /usr/X11R6.  If that is
> not the prefix applied to your installation of the X Window System, then
> you will need to execute the commands so that the build knows where to
> find the X Window System.  Although, the '</usr>' needs to be changed to
> '<PREFIX>' so the changed portion is more obvious and consistent with
> the rest of the book.
>
> If I've misunderstood the part that you find unclear, would you mind
> suggesting a better way to state the entire message?   I can get it in
> the book in a matter of minutes so that others won't have trouble with
> it in the future.

If I understood the sed command correctly, it replaces /usr/X11R6 in the
files with /usr or whatever </usr> is replaced with. So /usr/X11R6 is in
the original files and mustn't be changed, because otherwise the sed
command wouldn't make sense at all. But if you have another X prefix than
/usr (say /usr/X11R7 you have to change the sed argument to
's@/usr/X11R6@/usr/X11R7 at g'

Am I completely wrong here?

Simon

--