JDK-1.5.0-07 nitpick

DJ Lucas blfs-dev at lfs.lucasit.com
Sun Jul 9 02:01:55 PDT 2006

Simon Scheiwiller wrote:
> Hi there
>
> That part:
>
> If your X Window System is installed in any prefix other than /usr/X11R6,
> adjust as necessary and execute the following command:
>
> find . -type f -exec sed -i 's@/usr/X11R6@</usr>@g' {} \;
>
> is quite confusing. Maybe it should rather be: If your X Window System is
> installed in any prefix other than /usr, ...
>
> Simon

I'm not sure I follow.  The expected prefix is /usr/X11R6.  If that is
not the prefix applied to your installation of the X Window System, then
you will need to execute the commands so that the build knows where to
find the X Window System.  Although, the '</usr>' needs to be changed to
'<PREFIX>' so the changed portion is more obvious and consistent with
the rest of the book.

If I've misunderstood the part that you find unclear, would you mind
suggesting a better way to state the entire message?   I can get it in
the book in a matter of minutes so that others won't have trouble with
it in the future.

Thanks.

-- DJ Lucas