suggestion for pkgmgt.html

Josh Swartzbaugh susejosh at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 00:18:23 PST 2004

non subscriber here, wanting to suggest an addition to
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/introduction/pkgmgt.html

when I was doing LFS none of these suggestions were very helpful.  it's
mostly very general stuff, but maybe that's okay for your purposes.  the
"user based management" is certainly complicated, but it gets the job done.

anyway, I went looking for something else.  I found srcpkg, and it worked
great for me.  http://freshmeat.net/projects/srcpkg/

if somebody wants to try this out, I'm pretty sure you'll decide it deserves
mention on pkgmgt.html.

thanks for all your work, everybody!

- Josh Swartzbaugh