LISA Daemon Boot Script

Randy McMurchy LFS-User at mcmurchy.com
Sat Mar 27 19:12:48 PST 2004

Per the request of Tushar, I'm submitting a boot script for evaluation by
the BLFS community. The script is used to start the KDE network "LISA" daemon.

I'll let y'all figure out the numerical sequence number of the symlinks in
the appropriate rcX.d directories. The LISA daemon probably should be
started *after* the network, samba and nfs scripts.

The text to include in the book to describe the LISA daemon is as follows
(please edit if necessary, it seems rather long winded):

The LISa (LAN Information Server) daemon provides host information to the
KDE LAN Browser. The KDE LAN Browser provides GUI access to the available
shares on your network. Configuration is provided through the "Control
Center - Internet & Network - Local Network Browsing" menu, or modifying the
/etc/lisarc file.

--
Randy