Average user defined

Larry Lawrence larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 25 06:22:45 PST 2004

"Reinhard" <bookreader at gmx.com> wrote in message
news:200403250845.02667.bookreader at gmx.com...

>Well, I don't think, I meet the 'average user'.

>Cheers Reinhard

The 'average user' cut and pastes, or types the command under the
instructions and does not like anything to go wrong. They are not yet
concerned about the choices made for them by the book.

The 'average BLFS user' asks "why?" prior to every command entered.

The book intends to capture the interest of the 'average user' and elevate
them to the 'average BLFS user'.

After that, they are hooked.  They discover the fun of building your own.

Anyway, there are hundreds of 'average users' captured by the mail archives
of blfs-support, we don't hear from all of them anymore, occasionally one
posts a thank you prior to exiting the community.  Some are still around,
but they have advanced a long way from being 'average user'.

Larry