nfs-utils bootscript broken?

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Wed Mar 24 20:50:24 PST 2004

Why mount and umount in client bootscript?  That's exactly what netfs is
for (boot time mounts and umount on RL change without networking).  No
problems with it I'd hope.  It should break on shutdown if /etc/fstab is
correctly using _nodev options as explained on network fielsystems page.
  I suggest the following minor change for start and stop in
/etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs-client:

      start)
              echo "Starting NFS client services..."
              loadproc /usr/sbin/rpc.statd