XFree86 suggested changes

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Wed Mar 24 13:59:02 PST 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Nathan Coulson wrote:

> I'm actually basing my opinion on the threads I remember from earlier [I
> think KDE took longer to start, if it was not setup right]  (I give the
> last thing in [] a 75% chance of being true.  it's been a while).
>
> It is also mentioned on the XFree86 page in BLFS.
>
> *shrug*, I didn't like the idea of wiping /tmp, if XFree86 doesnt create
> that file properly [it cant, if it's not run by root].  and I admit I dont
> actually know what it does *shrug*.
>

> anyway, it's there if you wish to use it.

 Did you hear the click ?  It was a light going on in my head.  I'd been
wondering why kde was so slow to start on my ppc, and then surprised
that starting it after I'd built some more packages was considerably
faster.  The discussion was ages ago, thought I'd put it into my
scripts, must have lost it when I rewrote them all.

Ken