XFree86 suggested changes

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Wed Mar 24 09:18:21 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 01:04, Nathan Coulson wrote:
> Ok, the lfs-bootscripts [2.0.0] remove the contents of /tmp on bootup.
>
> which means, the /tmp/.ICE-unix file get's deleted.
>
> We have a file called /etc/sysconfig/createfiles [processed by
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/cleanfs], with additional information in the README file.
>
> I suggest you add
> cat > /etc/sysconfig/createfiles << "EOF"
> dir root root 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix
> EOF
>
> which will create the file with the proper permissions.  (This wont work
> in the 1.12 bootscripts).

Have you actually encountered situations in which this file isn't
created with the correct permissions automatically by XFree86?  I've
been nuking /tmp on boot (and/or using tmpfs, which accomplishes the
same end) for some time now and I've never had this happen, and not once
have I ever bothered to create it on my own.
              AIM: evilDagmar  Jabber: evilDagmar at jabber.org