question to postfix instructions

Larry larry at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 24 06:42:50 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reinhard" <bookreader at gmx.com>
Newsgroups: blfs.dev
To: "BLFS Development List" <blfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 4:39 AM
Subject: question to postfix instructions

> Hello,
>
> I found a little conflict in the sed-command, cause the '/' in
> </replaceable> matches sed's s/// delimiter.
> Is it possible, to use another delimiter for the sed's 's'-command?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Cheers Reinhard

Have you experimented with xslt to clean up the source files prior to
converting them to instructions.  The process needs to transform the source
into a single file, without mark-up (or even better, with alfs mark-up)
while it eliminates the verbage between instructions.  Any transformation
should remove offending mark-up such as the <replaceable></replaceable>
between <screen></screen>.

The transformation process is progressing.  The newxml for LFS is the first
stage of the utopia world where all LFS projects use the same source.
Currently, it is critical that the source works for it's primary purpose,
then namespace extensions will be added to ease the transformation process
to alfs profiles. As much as we would like for this to be done already, it
is making a lot of progress.

Larry