LFS-Bootscripts-2.0.0-pre2 now avaliable

Nathan Coulson conathan at conet.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 23 17:16:40 PST 2004

The scripts are located at

http://linuxfromscratch.org/~nathan/lfs-bootscripts-2.0.0.tar.bz2

the /tmp file is now cleaned on startup.

There was a major change to the cleanfs script,  which can be used to
create files/directories at bootup, based upon a optional file at
/etc/sysconfig/createfiles [The name is temporairy, until someone comes up
with a better one].  (Out of all the ones I heard, I hate this one the
least)

minor addition of fam to the bootscripts.

Can the testers test out the new cleanfs script?  [check the README on how
it is used].  If the file does not exist, it will not be used

[example]
cat > /etc/sysconfig/createfiles << "EOF"
dir root root 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix
EOF

Agenda before 2.0.0:

I wished to find a good solution for the firewall setup.  It may be left
to the next version.