MySQL 4.0.18 Installation (addendum)

Randy McMurchy randy at _remove-spamkill_mcmurchy.com
Tue Mar 23 03:34:33 PST 2004

Disregard the mention about the lack of a shutdown command in
the stop portion of the init script. Though I find it unusual
to send a signal to bring a relational database down, it apparently
is the standard method used my MySQL in order to avoid passing
a password.

I modified my init script to pass the password, then protected
the script via permissions. I'm not sure it matters, however,
as I don't have direct experience using MySQL.

--
Randy