Cleaning out /tmp on startup [cleanfs]

Tushar Teredesai linux_from_scratch at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 10:46:32 PST 2004

Nathan Coulson wrote:

>I also remember a thread about XFree86, with KDE taking extra time to boot
>up, because of /tmp/.something-ICE-something was not owned by root.

mkdir /tmp/.ICE-unix
chmod 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix

It is also in the book. See the configuration section at
<http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/x/xfree86.html>.

For the bootscripts, it may be preferable to make a seperate bootscript
for this and add it to the XFree86 section instead of the current
instructions.

BTW, can someone confirm if this is still a problem with XFree86-4.4.0?

--
Tushar Teredesai
  mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
  http://linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar