lfs-bootscripts: fam

Randy McMurchy randy at _remove-spamkill_mcmurchy.com
Mon Mar 22 09:17:22 PST 2004

On Monday, March 22, 2004 at 9:57 AM, Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> The executable is called famd, so I have no idea what you are
> refering to.

Yes, the newest version (2.7.0) has renamed the daemon to famd.

Problem is, in order to see this, one has to go to
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/download.html and download the
latest release (source).

The BLFS book still shows instructions for version 2.6.10. I'm
using a mirror with today's update to the CVS version. Here's the
link I use for the CVS book:
http://linuxfromscratch.idge.net/blfs/view/cvs/general/libfam.html

I was confused with the renaming, because I had installed 2.7.0
in the past, and used the famd name. However, my latest couple
of builds have been "by the book", and I've used the 2.6.10
version. I knew the daemon had been renamed, I just had the
versions backward.

There still seems to be the issue of which version you are looking
at Tushar. Another mirror, this one from Oregon State U:
http://lfs.oregonstate.edu/blfs/view/cvs/
shows the 2.6.10 version as the default install also.

Maybe the BLFS FAM installation needs to be updated, no?

Regards,
Randy