Reorganizing the book

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 22 07:00:28 PST 2004

Bill's LFS Login wrote:

>I think the scripts fall into this category. "Hey, the book say make
>... and everything just works, now need to go looking for trouble
>here!". And bingo, we just lost a small battle in the educational war.

LFS moved from putting the init scripts in the book to making a package
out of it and installing the lfs-bootscriptss package instead. If you
are suggesting that the bootscripts be included in the BLFS book, then
they should also be included in the LFS book since IMO the init scripts
in LFS have more educational value than BLFS. (Most of the BLFS init
scripts fall in "run_proc server_executable" for starting and "kill_proc
server_executable" category which IMO is very uninteresting.)

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar/