Reorganizing the book

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 21 11:35:34 PST 2004

Miguel Bazdresch wrote:

>* Alexander E. Patrakov <see at the.sig> [2004-03-21 12:45]:
>

>>One objection. This lowers the educational value of the book. One
>>understands the script when he reads it (e.g. before copying and pasting),
>>not while he blindly types an obscure command to install it.
>>
>>Although I admit that there may be advantages that overweight this
>>objection.
>>

>Or, the book could include both the script and the easy-install command.

That will create problems when the bootscripts get updated but the book
is not.

Regarding the educational value of including it in the book (IMO) there
is nothing gained. The script is installed on the user's system. He can
always look at the script to check it out.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar/