Reorganizing the book

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Sat Mar 20 15:08:06 PST 2004

Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> The lfs-bootscripts package will require some changes in the book.
> Thought would also take the opportunity to suggest a few more changes.
> Would appreciate comments.
>
>    * Remove all init.d scripts from the book and replace them by make
>      install-<init-script>.

I haven't followed this, but all init.d scripts are not created equal.
For instance, the script for setting up netfilter with iptables is quite
a bit different from other init scripts.  Some daemons use a -HUP
signal, others don't.

I can't comment on whether this is a good idea or not until I know what
this install script does.

  -- Bruce