bz #662 lfs-bootscripts changes

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Sat Mar 20 14:18:23 PST 2004

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Nathan Coulson wrote:

> > DJ Lucas wrote:
> >
> >> Not I, but I could I suppose :-)  Symlinks is why it/they wern't added I
> >> believe.
> >>

> > And Nathan is already on it.
> >
> > --
>
> once I got some answers.
>
> a)  symlinks,  b) I thought firewalls were supose to be customized

Firewalls should be customized. They way the scripts are ATM, its
difficult to offer a general script in the book that is easily
customized and still could be included in the package.

OTOH, if all the customization stuff beginning with "iptables -a" were
to be read from a file in ... maybe /etc/sysconfig/net.../fw-up, for
example, it becomes more reasonable. Similar for an fw-down thingy.

Module insertion could be handled similarly.

There'd be a little work, restructure of BLFS text, three or four
additional file creations, etc.

On my old RH 6.2, I handle that stuff in custom config scripts for the
old ipchains, predecessor to iptables.

Bill Maltby
lfsbillATearthlinkDOTnet