bz #662 lfs-bootscripts changes

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Sat Mar 20 12:48:50 PST 2004

Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> dj wrote:
>
>> Okay...everything but firewall is there in the tarball.
>>
> Are you or anyone else planning to add it?

Not I, but I could I suppose :-)  Symlinks is why it/they wern't added I
believe.

>> Do the scripts get completely removed from
>> the text?

<and discussed already>

> Yes.

Okay..done in a POC patch (actually useable patch) for the network
service scripts is attached to bz662 for review so we all can look.  I
like it but I'm biased.  :-)

> A few days back I floated a proposal to combine the small scripts, etc
> into a package lfs-utils or lfs-scripts that would be a seperate package
> mentioned in the BLFS Book. I will create a new thread on lfs-dev and
> blfs-dev.

I like that too, but it only covers compressdoc.  random and netfs still
fall into bootscripts package ATM, and should stay.

>> A short one or two paragrap page for each of random, compressdoc, and
>> netfs, looks a little funny to me with a page for each.  Can these three
>> possibly be combined with the "Using BLFS Boot Scripts" page, and have
>> that moved to the "After LFS" chapter?  I'll post proposed patches in
>> bz662 later today if I can get to it.
>>

> Hold off on that for a while. I am going thru the book currently and
> will suggest reorganization for others to comment.

Holding...think I should've rethinked (is that a word?) that first.