LessTif-0.93.94 Installation (addendum)

Randy randy at spam_this.org
Fri Mar 19 23:38:28 PST 2004

On Saturday, March 20, 2004 at 1:16 AM Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> Can you (or anyone else) try these instructions. Once tested I will add
> them to the book:
>
>     find -name Makefile.in / \
>     xargs sed -i 's@$(prefix)/LessTif@$(prefix)/share/LessTif at g' &&
>     ./configure --prefix=/usr \
>         --enable-build-20 \
>         --enable-build-21 \
>         --disable-debug \
>         --enable-production \
>         --disable-build-tests \
>         --with-xdnd &&
>     make &&
>     make install

I didn't run the install again, but looking at the find and sed
substitution syntax, it looks like you have a winner.

I had never created diff patch files before, so that's why I built
a patch to modify the seven affected Makefile.in files.

Good job. I've installed over 75 packages IAW the BLFS book and
this is the first one where the installation was broken (from
an FHS standpoint, anyway)

--
Randy