DHCP Bootscript - Priority

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Fri Mar 19 19:35:42 PST 2004

Nathan Coulson wrote:
> I am attempting to finish up this Makefile for the LFS Bootscripts, and
> hit a snag.
>
> the dhcp page at
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/server/dhcp.html does not
> say where things are symlinked.
>
> If one of the blfs maintainers can give me the runlevel values they want,
> I'll stick them in.
>
> [I wanted to finish off this file in the next 4 hrs]

Hmm looking at it, I think it would differ depending on the system.  As
far as a server is concerned...RL2 and RL5 have absolutely no purpose,
if it is strictly a server.  If it's a workstation that also provides
dhcp leases, then it probably belongs in RL5 too, which of course does
not matter to a server.  Sooo...kills go in 0,1,2, and 6, and starts go
in 3,4, and 5 IMO, but I was not involved in any discussion when dhcpd
was put in, so there might have been a reason the symlinks weren't put
in the book.

-- DJ Lucas