LessTif-0.93.94 Installation

Randy randy at spam_this.org
Fri Mar 19 15:54:50 PST 2004

Hi,

I just installed the LessTif-0.93.94 package and noticed something
I thought should be fixed. The installation created a directory
named /usr/LessTif.

According to http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#THEUSRHIERARCHY
this directory probably shouldn't exist. Funny thing is I cannot
figure out where it came from. I grepped for LessTif in the
config.log file and this is the result:

root at rmlinux: /home/rml/build/lesstif-0.93.94: grep LessTif config.log
configure:25279: result: Use LessTif one
config.status:824: creating lib/config/LessTif.tmpl

Here is the pertinent information from the config.log file:

bindir='${exec_prefix}/bin'
build='i686-pc-linux-gnu'
build_alias=''
build_cpu='i686'
build_os='linux-gnu'
build_vendor='pc'
confdir=''
cp='cp'
datadir='${prefix}/share'
exec_prefix='${prefix}'
extralibs=''
fc_config='no'
ft_config='freetype-config'
host='i686-pc-linux-gnu'
host_alias=''
host_cpu='i686'
host_os='linux-gnu'
host_vendor='pc'
includedir='${prefix}/include'
infodir='${prefix}/info'
install_sh='/home/rml/build/lesstif-0.93.94/install-sh'
lib_version_suffix='-2.1'
libdir='${exec_prefix}/lib'
libexecdir='${exec_prefix}/libexec'
localstatedir='${prefix}/var'
man2html_cmd='/usr/bin/man2html'
mandir='${prefix}/man'
motif_includes='NONE'
motif_libraries='NONE'
oldincludedir='/usr/include'
prefix='/usr'
program_transform_name='s,x,x,'
sbindir='${exec_prefix}/sbin'
sharedstatedir='${prefix}/com'
subdirs=' test'
sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc'

If anyone has a hint on where/how to fix this, I would appreciate
it.

Thanks,
Randy