OpenSSL 0.9.7d

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 18 13:35:58 PST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:30:06 -0600
Dagmar d'Surreal <dagmar.wants at nospam.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 14:38, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
> > All I did was the trivial `sed -i -e 's/-m486/-march=i486/g' Config`
> > which shouldn't break anything that wasn't already broken by using
> > the-m486 arch optimisation.  Looking at the `config` script (lines
> > 592-602) looks like it shouldn't be too hard to detect an athlon and
> > then put the correct lines in Config.  I *might* put something
> > together *if* I get some time, but to be honest it's not really
> > anywhere near the top of my priorities at the moment - it's
> > installed and works, that's fine for me for now.
>
> I forgot to add the ":)".  The speed increase is pretty marginal for
> going beyond i486 optimizations.  You don't have to really detect an
> athlon so much as just create the new target entry.

I'll revoke my patch now then :).  I apologize for not being able to
detect the light-hearted nature of your original response - I'm just so
damned tired and p***ed off from creating screenshots of IE and pasting
them into PowerPoint all day...this at least managed to get me doing a
bit of what I *should* be being paid for!

Matt.