OpenSSL 0.9.7d

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 18 12:38:34 PST 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:14:39 -0600
Dagmar d'Surreal <dagmar.wants at nospam.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 14:36, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> > On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:24:35 -0600
> > Dagmar d'Surreal <dagmar.wants at nospam.com> wrote:

> > > ...and because I'm an idiot I forgot to also mention that the new
> > > version no longer mangles the permissions on /usr/lib/pkgconfig
> > > (but it does still make a useless /etc/ssl/lib directory).
> >
> > It also still has the deprecated -m486 parameter to gcc which, while
> > only being cosmetic, is still mildly annoying!  A simple sed on
> > Configure shuts gcc up though.
>
> So are you volunteering to make a patch that adds the new linux-athlon
> target to it?  It doesn't always use -m486.

All I did was the trivial `sed -i -e 's/-m486/-march=i486/g' Config`
which shouldn't break anything that wasn't already broken by using the
-m486 arch optimisation.  Looking at the `config` script (lines 592-602)
looks like it shouldn't be too hard to detect an athlon and then put the
correct lines in Config.  I *might* put something together *if* I get
some time, but to be honest it's not really anywhere near the top of my
priorities at the moment - it's installed and works, that's fine for me
for now.

Cheers,

Matt.