changes for consolidation

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Tue Mar 16 15:55:41 PST 2004

>Reinhard wrote:
>

>>What I consider 'suboptimal' is the definition of all kde-entities in one file
>>(I haven't seen another chapter doing so).
>>Most of the BLFS-chapters follow the rule, that there is an entity file and
>>one or more content files, where all files of the same package have the same
>>name. The content files have an additional suffix somewhat phony about the
>>type of content.

Suboptimal for who?  I wrote the KDE section as parts of a single
(complex) package.  The organization reflects that.
It certainly is not suboptimal for someone updating the book whne a new
KDE release is announced.

Besides, the internal structure of the book should only be of interest
to the editors.

  -- Bruce