changes for consolidation

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Tue Mar 16 12:16:11 PST 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Reinhard Mantey wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 March 2004 19:44, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:17:57 +0100 Reinhard <bookreader at gmx.com> wrote:
> ><snip>

> > If you want a dependency graph useful for automated processing, create a
> > new document.
>
> Sorry, but that's a poor statement. Only little changes are necessary, to fit
> that need - and as I see, I only asked for a bit more consistency.
> From my point of view - its a question of quality, that all chapters follow
> the same rules (not even influenced by me).
> I did not ask to change any rule of the book.
>
> If your position stands for the whole comunity, I think I have to go back to
> my distro. With this position, an blfs-system could not replace a linux
> system where quality is an issue. I feel very sorry for that.

Based on your post (this is not your first build), I would assume that
you have seen enough on the lists to know that no one person's opinion
is likely to represent the whole community.

But just in case, I want to let you know that the whole community seldom
agrees on anything. So when you see a reply that seems offensive to you,
please remember that it is but one person speaking. Of course, if they
start with a phrase like "The project decided ..." or similar, that may
be different.

I'm sure that the community, over all, appreciates fresh ideas and views
on the work and welcomes suggestions, even if they are determined to be
not appropriate for one reason or another.

> Kind regards
>
> Reinhard

Keep the optimism!

> --